How to Prevent Split Ends....
- There is no true way to remove split ends aside from trimming your hair, but you can take care of your hair and prevent their return.
- Identify whether or not you have split ends. The scientific name for them is Trichoptilosis, a longitudinal splitting of the hair fiber, and there are several types:
- Generic split ends
- The same strand of hair splitting multiple times
- Splitting occurring in the middle of the hair strand that will appear as a hole if the strand is bunched up
- Single strand knots, mostly seen in dry, curly hair.
inches.Removing split ends keeps your hair healthy and growing strong.
4. Don't believe when products claim to "heal" split ends. Most products can seal the split ends to
help it look healthier, but they aren't reversing the damage.